DSI PDO sutures are synthetic absorbable monofilament sutures, made from the polyester poly (p-dioxanone).
Its monofilament configuration elicits only minimal tissue reactivity, ensures easier passage through tissue, and reduced risk of wound infection (compared to braided suture materials). Moreover, DSI PDO sutures demonstrate outstanding handling properties and provide secure knots.
The simple hydrolytic mechanism allows predictable absorption of DSI PDO sutures, with up to 50 days of wound support. The suture is fully absorbed within 180 days.
DSI PDO sutures exhibit superior tensile strength and flexibility.
DSI PDO sutures are ideal in providing extended retention together with effective and reliable wound support especially during extended healing time. For this reason, DSI PDO sutures are especially beneficial for surgical cases requiring absorbable sutures and prolonged wound support of up to six weeks.
- Synthetic absorbable monofilament sutures
- Minimal tissue reactivity
- Easy passage through tissues
- Excellent knot security
- Outstanding tensile strength, perfect for soft tissue management and GTR
- Low shape memory
- Predictable absorption rate
- Effective and reliable wound support especially during prolonged healing time