What are the ideal, universally valued by dental clinicians properties of a hemostatic agent? It should be safe, sterile, bacteriostatic, effective, well-tolerated, affordable, able to be rapidly applied. And this is the exact description of DSI Silver Sponge.
DSI Silver Sponge offers both haemostatic and bactericidal effect. The material is a gelatin collagen sponge presatured with colloidal silver.
Colloidal silver has become an innovative pharmaceutical substitute for iodoform, which has gone out of use in many countries or require a complex registration procedure.
DSI Silver Sponge stabilizes blood clots, promotes coagulation by facilitating the accumulation of thrombocytes and ensures rapid hemostasis.
The colloidal silver in DSI Silver Sponge is a powerful weapon against a broad range of microorganisms found in the oral cavity, even including antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
The sponge, tightly fitted, eliminates the risk of formation of secondary cavities and fissures.
Another distinct advantage of DSI Silver Sponge is a long-lasting antimicrobial activity. Silver does not dissolve easily and stays in the sponge, providing a continuous release of silver ions for the whole duration of the resorption process.
- On operating tissues - it controls oozing and seals up the bleeding tissues immediately
- Socket extraction as apart of the implant placement
- General treatment of alveoli and wounds after cystostomy, apical amputation, sinus perforations
- Follow-up treatment for surgical removal of tumors or retained teeth
- Prophylaxis of wound infections
- Prevention of secondary cavity formation
- Rapid hemostasis
- Long-lasting antimicrobial activity
- Stabilises the blood coagulum
- Effective against a broad range of microorganisms
- Reduced chair time
- Easy handling
- No complications or side-effects
- Purified first-grade gelatin, iodoform-free
- Absorbed biologically within 3-4 weeks