DSI Sponge Plus is a collagen sponge that offers both hemostatic and antiseptic properties. It is indicated for treatment and prevention of inflammatory complications in dentistry.
DSI Sponge Plus is a freeze-dried collagen sponge containing iodoform, eugenol, thymol, and lidocaine.
The material is highly absorbent and able to hold up to 40 times its own weight of fluid.
Collagen stimulates platelet aggregation, encourages rapid hemostasis, and promotes wound healing.
Due to the content of iodoform, the sponge possesses excellent antiseptic, astringent and anti-inflammatory properties. When in contact with tissue iodoform releases free iodine.
DSI Sponge Plus effectively controls bleeding and promotes faster healing process.
- Effective hemostatic agent
- Contains antiseptic and anesthetic components
- Absorbed biologically within 3-4 weeks
- Highly absorbent
- On operating tissues - it controls oozing and seals up the bleeding tissues immediately
- Dento-alveolar surgery and extraction of teeth in patients with risk of hemorrhage
- Regeneration of mucosal tissue removal of mandibular cysts
- Maxillo-facial surgery