CoreBone Bio Active Coral Bone Graft Material Granules – the ideal alternative to bovine and human-derived products
The biomimetic bone graft made from the mineral exoskeleton of corals, that are growing in state-of-art seawater farms under a strict control, with Close-Circuit water system and special nutrition.
Coral bone graft composition, structure, strength and resorption, have led to extensive use in dental and orthopedics procedures in hundreds of thousands reported cases.
However, in the last decade, corals have been declared an endangered species, and their quality decreased due to the rising sea pollution. Corals, used for the Corebone bone, are grown in a controlled aquarium system. Using laboratory-made sea water and proprietary technology with bioactive additions, Corebone leverages the coral natural bone-like properties and prevent sea pollution-related risks.
Different types of corals are cultured for various dental and orthopedics indications – with varies in the porosity, strength and shape. Corebone graft material is comprised of the pure mineral part of the coral. It consists of calcium carbonate crystals (>95%) in the form of aragonite enriched with essential non-organic substances that are known to play an essential role in the bone mineralization process and the activation of enzymatic reactions with osteogenic cells.
- BIOACTIVE: Attractive to bone cells and stimulates new bone growth and connectivity.
- STRONG: Up to 3 times than synthetic bone.
- POROUS: Optimal porous structure enables vascularity ingrowth and new bone formation.
- BIODEGRADABLE: Remodels by osteoclastic activity.
- Cortico- Cancellous coral types mix – for the optimal bone formation and remodeling.
- LOW RISK: No biological risks, no marine pollution.
- Field of use
- GBR (Guided Bone Regeneration)
- Bone Grafting Materials
- Coralline Hydroxyapatite/Calcium Carbonate (CHACC)
- Delivery Type
CoreBone is a natural alternative to current synthetic, bovine and human derived bone grafts. It provides volume maintenance, remodeling by osteoclastic activity and required bone formation qualities without the limitations associated with animal or human sources, and better biological safety profile.
Already used in thousands of cases worldwide, it is widely compared by our users to the leading bovine derived bone grafts.