DSI Sponge is manufactured from highly purified first extract grade collagen material.
It is used in a wide range of surgical procedures, where traditional hemostatic measures are irrelevant, or inappropriate.
DSI Sponge absorbs approximately 40-50 times of its weight of liquid and adheres easily to the bleeding site.
DSI Sponge is non-toxic, hypoallergenic, does not provoke an immune reaction, and 100% biocompatible.
When implanted, it is completely absorbed within 3-4 weeks. In addition to serving as a mechanical obstruction to bleeding, DSI Sponge affects the coagulation process.
DSI Sponge has a porous structure which activates the thrombocytes at the moment when blood comes in contact with the matrix of the DSI Sponge. The thrombocytes have an immediate response reaction which stimulates their aggregation. They begin to act as a catalyst and change the surface character, for the formation of a new fibrin.
DSI Sponge may be left at the bleeding site, when necessary. The sponge will aid with the healing process of the wound and will be absorbed completely without later interference.
This absorption is dependent upon several factors, including the amount used, a degree of saturation with blood or other fluids, and the site of use is one of the more commonly employed agents for the control of bleeding.
Unlike regular collagen, DSI Sponge is related to the formation of a mechanical matrix that facilitates clotting 4-7 rather than affecting the blood-clotting mechanism. DSI Sponge liquefies in one week and is completely resorbed in 3 to 4 weeks.
The product comes in individually packaged cubes in sterile blisters, each intended for single use only.
- Dental absorbable hemostatic gelatin sponge
- Bioabsorbable hemostatic product made up from purified first-grade gelatin
- Absorbed biologically within 4-6 weeks with no side effects at all
- Is absorbed biologically within 4-6 weeks with no side effects at all
- Application on the operated tissues controls oozing and seal up the bleeding tissues immediately. This prevents blood loss from the deeper wounds and predominantly provides a clean surface for the surgeons in Dental oral surgery
- Non-allergenic and non-immunogenic properties
Use in Dental surgery:
- Dento-alveolar surgery and extraction of teeth in patients with risk of hemorrhage
- Regeneration of mucosal tissues removal of mandibular cysts
- Surgical removal of oral tumors and leucoplakias
- Surgical treatment of periapical and dental abscesses
- Maxillo-facial surgery
- Is mainly used in dental surgery to stop bleeding in extraction sockets or other surgical sites
- Can e used to stop bleeding during bone harvesting from the iliac crest by filling the donor site
- Field of use
- GBR (Guided Bone Regeneration)
DSI - DENTAL SOLUTIONS ISRAEL
* One of the leading dental companies in Israel.
* Advanced technological development.
* High medical standards manufacturing facilities.
* Wide range of solutions for any given treatment case.
* Time tested products and breakthrough innovations in one company.
* Focus on successful partnership conditions.
* Commitment and loyalty to every customer needs 24/7.
* OEM and on-demand production services.